We Buy Any House Fairfield. When you live in a home for 20+ years – and you need to downsize, move, or sell to just sell – you will need to make sure your home is in great condition if you’re looking to sell your Fairfield home the traditional way. Now – here’s the problem, what if the damage to your home is too costly to fix, or if there is too much damage to even consider repairs? What if you don’t even have the motivation to fix your Fairfield home?
In this article, we will write about if it is worth it to repair your home, and what portions of your home need repairing/remodeling before you sell it the traditional way.
Areas Within Your Home That Need To Absolutely Be Fixed
The place where good food comes from can be called the center of your home. Kitchens generally have the most mechanical systems for any home, such as plumbing and electrical outlets. If you’re looking to sell your home the traditional way, you must make sure that the plumbing and electrical systems within your kitchen are in good working order, lest you have to pay a plumber or electrician to come fix up your damages.
You will also need your cabinets to be in good working condition and to be free from any water damage or rot. Fix the loose hinges, and make sure to have the drawer tracks unclogged. This will help with the presentation of your Fairfield home as well. If you have painted your cabinets, make sure that no paint is chipped or peeling, if they are – sand them down and apply a fresh coat.
The thing that should be on your top of the list to fix should be the sinks and faucets as well – your water features should be leak-free, and drains should operate without any clogs. Also, hot and cold options should work in correlation to what they are labeled.
If you don’t want to fix up your kitchen, and you would rather sell your home as-is, just know that we buy any condition house in Fairfield. No matter how extensive the damage or age may be, we will still write you the best offer for your Fairfield home, in cold, hard cash.
- Home Interior
Here are some general interior surfaces you should get repaired – or just looked at when you begin selling your home the traditional way.
- Walls and Ceilings: Nail holes, dings, and dents can be off-putting to many potential buyers. Repainting the walls does take time and effort, and if you have wallpaper – remove it.
- Flooring: Make sure to replace any chipped or cracked floor tiles, and to refinish hardwood. Any torn carpeting should be replaced and should be steam-cleaned. If you have pets, make sure to have the steam cleaners use an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal spray to help with the sanitization of your carpets.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: All inspectors will make a case for having these replaced – and they should be in working order. Make sure to test your detectors, and replace the batteries if needed.
The thing with fixing is that you never know if you need it repaired or updated. This is the conundrum that comes with selling your home through an agent. If your home is spick and span, in top condition, it will be worth it to sell your home through the MLS. However, if your home requires some tender love and care – it might be more worth it to sell to a direct home buyer, like us. We buy houses in any condition in Fairfield, and we buy Fairfield homes, as-is.
- Home Exterior
The two biggest things to fix on your home’s exterior is your roof and your front yard.
- Roofing: Your roof should not have broken or missing tiles – and if it does, you need to replace those problem spots immediately. Make sure to check for any blisters or cracks in the sealant as well. If you see any water damage, call a professional to fix the leak.
- Landscaping: If you sell your home the traditional way, you want to have a great first impression. In doing so – you will be able to sell the home faster and with less hassle. Hire a professional landscaper to get both your front and back yards into tip-top shape before you sell your home through an agent.
Now, I know what you’re thinking – all the repairs, landscaping, and staging costs can come out to be pretty expensive. On average, the time to sell a home within Fairfield is anywhere from 3-6 months, which will incur more costs on your property, from maintenance and from the mortgage itself.
By selling directly to us – we can close in as a little as 7 days. We don’t have any confusing paperwork to deal with, and we help you with the moving process. Anything you don’t want – leave it for us to clean up, take what you need, and leave the rest for us. We buy houses in Fairfield in any condition, and if your home is in a condition that might take too much or too long to fix – we’re here to help.
My team and I buy houses fast in Fairfield and can give you an all-cash offer even faster. We buy houses fast in Fairfield in any condition, and you don’t even need to clean up as well.
If you’re wondering about what offer we can give you for your Fairfield home, and you’re looking for the best people who buy houses in Fairfield, feel free to give us a call anytime at (510) 900-8770 or you can fill out our form here today!